Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Preparations ...

Well, it has been awhile since our last post!  We are counting down the days until we leave...6 days more, to be exact!  We are completing our final preparations...gathering our donations, packing our bags, buying deet, taking malaria pills, arranging rides, finding childcare...you know, all that fun (and sometimes stressful) stuff that goes along with traveling to another country!  And then there are the thoughts of a first-time goer, such as, "What will we eat?", "Do I have the right clothes?" "I don't really know my team members..." or "Where will I sleep?"  Not to mention the worries about getting sick or hurt...so many things we could put our focus on and worry about!  All legitimate things, by the way!  All of those details are definitely important, don't get me wrong, but what I have found, is that it is SO easy to get so caught up in those details, that we forget about our spiritual preparation! 

I have to say that I am so amazed at how, already, this team has stepped up in that area.  The encouragement, support, and prayer has been so powerful in this process.  I pray that as the week continues, we continue to seek out God in all of it, and that we are able to relieve our minds of any worry, and especially any details that ultimately don't matter. And for the details that do, I pray that we all are able to trust God.  Matthew 6:25-27 says:  “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?"   Thank God for His word and this great reminder!

Thank you for joining us on this journey! 

Bondye Beni'ou (God Bless You)!

Michelle

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment