Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I came into this situation, this mission trip, knowing it would change my life in the most profound way.  Emotions running my mind ragged.  Sleep escaping my nights.  Eager anticipation upon me.
Now, here we are, the first day,  in the midst of it all.
 Water truck day. The heat, the filth, the smells, the garbage. Yet the happiest children surround me, wanting to be held, hugged, touched.  They couldn’t keep their hands off my smooth, straight hair- braiding and braiding and braiding it. The sweetest touch, the warmest smiles.   I loved it, couldn’t get enough of them.
 Kisa ou rele?   Which means “ What is your name?”  Pierre, Carlina, Malinda – just to name a few.  This is the only thing I could communicate with them, yet that was more than enough to know that God was working here with us all.  Those smiles said it all. 
My thoughts and emotions  are running all over the place.  I cannot wait for what the rest of the week brings, the lives to be touched and hearts to be blessed.  Thank you Healing Haiti for bringing me here.
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment