Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Day 3-Shannon's Point of View

We spent our time at two orphanages today playing basketball, kickball, showing the children how to make paper airplanes, dancing with them, organizing relay games, singing and praising The Lord together. 

I couldn't get enough hugs and kisses from these beautiful children. I was amazed by how they can have so little material items, yet have an enormous amount of love to give. They give it away so freely and expect nothing in return, besides wanting lots of love and attention. 

One boy named, Lovinsky, melted my heart. He walked up to me with arms wide open and said, "Embrace me, Love me." This was another day I was happy not to be wearing mascara. 

I thought it was a little ironic that my husband and myself are at the end of trying to adopt, our adoption plan expires tomorrow. God was definitely challenging my emotions today. How desperately I wanted to take some of these kids home, love them unconditionally and have them call me mom. 
I learned that God is always trying to teach us something, and we have to be open to listen and hear his message. I also am learning that sometimes we may not fully understand Gods plan, but we do have to trust and continue to have faith in where we are currently in our life. 
I am inspired by the children's faith and love for The Lord. When we were leaving Grace Village, I heard one of the boys yell out, "Jesus loves you." That's a smart kid!! He is spiritually rich for sure๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘

It was a spiritually moving day and I can't wait to see how God works through us tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment